What does a make-up course entail?
A make-up course is aimed at equipping you with the necessary skills to apply make-up correctly, regardless of the occasion. It will also teach you how to maintain your make-up tools, how to interact with your clients, and how to maintain good hygiene in your working environment. When you study a Make-Up Course, you will focus on subjects such as:
- Professional Salon Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Make-Up Application
Why should I study a make-up course?
There are many professionals who do not have the correct make-up training, yet still manage to establish good reputations as make-up artists. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case for everyone wishing to enter this industry. To increase your chances of becoming a professional make-up artist or consultant, it is highly advisable that you complete a make-up or beauty therapy course. A make-up course at Oxbridge Academy, for example, will teach you about the following:
- How to behave in a professional salon environment
- How to interact with your clients in a professional manner
- How to maintain proper hygiene during make-up application
- How to take proper care of your make-up equipment
- Anatomy and physiology in the context of make-up application
- How to apply make-up for different occasions
- How to select the right products and colour schemes
Make-up and beauty therapy courses at Oxbridge Academy:
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Nail Care
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Facial Skincare
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Massage Techniques
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Make-Up Application
To find out more about any of these beauty therapy courses in South Africa, simply fill in the form below, and a Student Advisor will be in touch with you as soon as possible:
What can I do after completing a make-up course at Oxbridge Academy?
Once you have completed your course, you could consider doing the following:
- Looking for a job as an assistant to a professional make-up artist.
- Looking for a job as a beauty therapist’s assistant.
- Applying make-up for clients on a freelance basis from home.
- Looking for a job as a cosmetics sales agent.
- Looking for a job as an assistant or consultant in a cosmetics store.
- Furthering your studies by attending a course at a beauty school.