The beauty therapy industry is growing rapidly in South Africa. More and more people are discovering the benefits of having treatments done and, as a result, the demand for courses in beauty therapy is increasing quickly. If you would like to be recognised as a professional beauty therapist in South Africa, you will need a formal qualification behind your name. There are, however, also many other options for you to explore within the beauty industry.
There are various areas of beauty therapy for you to specialise in:
- Nail Care – Nail care includes a wide range of treatments to the nails, such as: painting, cutting, filing, adding extensions, and performing manicures and pedicures.
- Skincare – Skincare involves treatments that are aimed at keeping the skin in good condition. These treatments include cleansing, steaming, exfoliation, mask application and massage. The most popular treatment done in South Africa is the facial, which is done to eliminate the cellular build-up that causes breakouts.
- Make-up Application – A popular element of beauty therapy is the application of make-up. Make-up is generally used to enhance appearances or to create special effects through highlighting, contouring, and colouring.
- Massage Therapy – This is another popular treatment. It involves applying pressure to the body in order to promote relaxation and well-being.
These are only a few examples. There are various other beauty therapy fields that you can venture into, including areas such as hairdressing and electrology. Oxbridge Academy offers beauty therapy courses to students who want to gain fundamental knowledge and skills in this industry. Oxbridge Academy’s courses may be a good option for you if:
- You want to learn the beauty therapy basics.
- You want to figure out whether a beauty therapy career is the right choice for you.
- You want to figure out which area of beauty therapy you’d like to specialise in.
- You want to become a beauty therapist in your spare time.
- You want to learn how to do your own beauty treatments.
Please note: If you want to become a qualified beauty therapist, you are going to have to study further towards a formal qualification once you have completed your course(s) at Oxbridge Academy.
Here is a list of the beauty therapy courses you can choose from:
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Nail Care
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Facial Skincare
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Massage Techniques
- Oxbridge Academy Certificate: Make-Up Application
Why Choose Oxbridge Academy?
Oxbridge Academy offers beauty therapy courses via distance learning. This means that you do not have to attend any physical classes, and that you can complete your course at your own pace. This is a wonderful way to get the training that you desire without having to leave your current job. Furthermore, all your assessments will be marked by an industry-expert tutor, and if you have any queries about the coursework, your tutor will be there to assist you, either via telephone, SMS, or e-mail.