What does beauty therapy entail?
Beauty therapy is a creative profession that deals with the application of beauty treatments in order to improve or change one’s appearance. A professional will be able to perform all kinds of treatments, not only to the face, but to the body as well. There are different aspects to beauty therapy, such as:
- Nail care
- Body treatments
Each category includes a wide range of treatments. For example: skincare treatments could refer to facials, body scrubs, body wraps, and more. With that said, each treatment has a specific benefit for a specific area of the body.
Why should I study a beauty therapy course from home?
Along with the beauty therapy industry that is growing at a rapid rate, distance learning institutions are becoming a popular choice among students as well, particularly for those who want to be able to work and study at the same time. In addition to giving you the chance to broaden your knowledge and skills, studying from home via distance learning helps you to cultivate self-discipline and time management skills. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when studying beauty therapy via distance learning:
- Practice on friends and family: Practicing on friends and family is a good way to gain some practical experience while studying the theoretical work in your own time.
- Keep in touch with beauty trends: Subscribing to fashion magazines/blogs and forming study groups online will be a great way to keep up-to-date with new trends.
Where can I study beauty therapy from home?
You can study beauty therapy from home with Oxbridge Academy. This is how it works:
- You decide which course you want to study.
- You register for your course.
- You receive your study material via registered post or courier.
- You work through your study material and complete your assignments in your own time from home.
- You submit your assignments online via the Student Portal, via e-mail, or via post.
- You ask an industry-expert tutor for help via telephone, e-mail, or SMS if you have any problems or questions regarding your coursework/assignments.
- You receive your Oxbridge Academy Certificate via post upon successful completion of your course.
To find out more about studying a beauty therapy course from home with Oxbridge Academy, simply fill in the form below, and a Student Advisor will be in touch with you shortly: