At Oxbridge Academy, you can study toward a wide range of national qualifications that will earn you a National Certificate that is recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
A national qualification will equip you with vocational skills and academic credibility that will increase your employability — and earning potential — in a number of South Africa’s biggest industries.
What is a national qualification?
The national qualifications available at Oxbridge Academy include NATED qualifications (often also referred to as N1 to N6 or N-level qualifications). The N-level qualifications are issued by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), and are regulated by a number of different SETAs and other quality assurance bodies.
Why choose to study an N-level course?
You earn a recognised qualification
Since they are accredited and regulated by industry organisations (such as SETAs — Sector Education and Training Authorities), these qualifications are recognised and accepted by most employers in South Africa. This means that the N-level qualifications act as formal qualifications in South Africa.
You obtain valuable skills training
The NATED programme was developed by the DHET to address skills development in the South African education landscape. For this reason, enrolling for an N1 to N6 course will ensure that you get the necessary skills and vocational training to work and thrive in the profession you are studying toward.
You have the option of studying via distance learning
With Oxbridge Academy, you can complete your national qualification via distance learning. This means that you:
- Study from home.
- Can choose to study part-time.
- Can maintain a full-time job while studying.
- Receive the help of our skilled student support representatives and industry-expert tutors throughout your studies.
How to enrol for a National Qualification
You can start your studies at any time of the year. To register for a national qualification:
- Fill in the form on this page, or call us on 021 1100 200.
- Talk to one of our Student Advisors about your study options.
- Pick a course and register for it with the help of your Student Advisor.
- Receive your study material (included in the course fee) via post or courier.
- Study from home with the help of our student support staff and industry-expert tutors.
- Submit your assignments via fax, post, e-mail, or online portal.
- Receive meaningful feedback on your assignments.
- Complete your course and write your national exams at an exam venue near you.
- Receive your National Certificate once you’ve passed your exams.
Read more about the other types of courses available at Oxbridge Academy: