The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), established in 1931, is a professional body responsible for maintaining and improving the quality and credibility of bookkeeping, accounting, office administration and financial management training and qualifications in Southern Africa.
What does the ICB do?
The ICB is a quality assurance partner of the QCTO (the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations), which means that they are able to:
- Accredit training providers to offer approved bookkeeping, accounting, office administration, and business and financial management courses on their behalf.
- Act as the external assessment body for various FASSET-certified qualifications.
ICB Certification Programmes
The ICB offers certification programmes in the following areas of study:
- Financial Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting
- Business Management
- Office Administration
The ICB qualifications are recognised by various training providers and professional bodies, including the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT), Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa (CSSA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB), and the Southern African Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA). This means that you can study further to earn additional qualifications, and/or gain membership of a professional body, when you complete your ICB qualifications.
For example: If you complete the ICB Financial Accounting programme, you can study further to become a chartered accountant through ACCA or CIMA.
ICB Courses at Oxbridge Academy
Oxbridge Academy is an accredited ICB training provider, offering you the opportunity to study the following ICB courses via distance learning:
Bookkeeping and Accounting:
- National Certificate – Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeping)(NQF 3)
- Further Education and Training Certificate – Bookkeeping (Senior Bookkeeper) (NQF 4)
- National Certificate – Public Sector Accounting (Public Accounts Administrator) (NQF 4)
Business Administration (Office Management):
To find out more about studying an ICB course at Oxbridge Academy
Simply fill in the form below, and a Student Advisor will call you back shortly: